Hello, Antunes, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! Hauck 05:33, 19 October 2016 (UTC)
Vollüspa - Antologia de Contos de Literatura Fantástica
Hello, I've approved your submission for this anthology but made some changes to conform to our standards: 1) slightly changed title from Vollüspa - Antologia de Contos de Literatura Fantástica to Vollüspa: Antologia de Contos de Literatura Fantástica as we use ":" to separate between title and subtitle, 2) changed price from "13€" to "€13.00" (see the Help pages), 3) resized and uploaded a scan into our system as we're not allowed to deeplink to the specified website. The results are here (title level) and there (publication level). Don't hesitate to add any relevant information (e.g. printing rank) in the "Note" field and thanks for contributing. Hauck 05:45, 19 October 2016 (UTC)
- Hello, Hauck,
- Thanks for you advices and corrections.
- I'm going to try to be as active as possible, specially in what concerned the portuguese authors, and the science fiction and fantasy published in Portugal.
- Please, could you help me in resolving this "problem"? I tried to change the data of a author, and at this time the author have two entrances: Álvaro de Sousa Holstein Ferreira and Álvaro de Sousa Holstein. I know he uses mainly the second.Antunes 10:30, 19 October 2016 (UTC)
- It means that the second form of the name is (for us) the canonical. To clean up things, I've transferred the data from one author to the other, then make the first a pseudonym of the second and finally varianted all the items to the canonical. The result is a "void" page for the pseudonym here and a "full" page (including pseudonymistic works) for the canonical there. Hauck 12:59, 19 October 2016 (UTC)
Álvaro de Sousa Holstein Ferreira
Hello. Concerning your submission to update the Holstein Ferreira author entry, I've had to reject your submissions, since the better course of action was to update the author of the poem and add approprate notes concerning the probable error made by FictionMags, which I've done for you here. See also this discussion. Regards, MagicUnk 12:10, 26 July 2022 (EDT)
I've accepted your submission, but there were several issues with it:
- The editors of an anthology should be entered as the author of the work - not the authors of the individual stories. I've selected Marcelina Gama Leandro and Álvaro de Sousa Holstein as the editors (from the front cover of the publication). Feel free to update if that would not be correct.
- Synopses are always in English - I've used Google translate to get to an acceptable (I hope) Enlish version...
- Prices must always have their currency symbol first, and needs to have two decimal digits; 15€ --> €15.00
- The size of the publication is for tp, not pb. Note that tp is for any paperback for which the dimensions are larger than 18 by 11 cm.
- The URL for the cover links to a site we do not have permission to link to. If that's the case, upload the cover to the ISFDB instead (which is a 2-step process - first create the record, then use the 'upload new cover' link)
- Finally, mention the source of the information you are entering. And if you have the publication in hand, consider primary verifying it - PVing a publication signifies the information entered in the ISFDB is as in or on the book you have.
Regards, MagicUnk 12:30, 26 July 2022 (EDT)