Hello, Noart1972, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! MagicUnk 11:52, 16 August 2022 (EDT)
Publication: HYNH+ Vol. I. Nr 1
Hello! You put in 'Primary Verifications' of this pub. This means You have a copy in Your hands. Then You should know the format of the magazine. Here You can find the right one to put in and remove "unknown" from the format field. If You like, You can put a note about the size in cm. Don't worry. --Zapp (talk) 12:52, 6 October 2022 (EDT)
I saw you did some edits for him recently, so I thought I'd mention this, https://fantlab.ru/edition208835, in case you want to enter it; I assume you're fluent in Polish. --Username (talk) 11:49, 20 October 2022 (EDT)
Regarding this submission: You are varianting a story to a poem. Is this the correct parent? Or does "Dary wrózek" need to be changed to a poem? Thanks. -- JLaTondre (talk) 10:07, 23 December 2022 (EST)
- this is a prose - kind of poetic prose. Look here:
- and here:
- Noart1972 (talk) 14:59, 23 December 2022 (EST)
Commonplace and Other Short Stories
Thank you for entering 'Commonplace and Other Short Stories'. A couple changes were necessary to comply with our standards.
- The author was changed to Christina G. Rossetti, we credit the author as shown on the title page.
- The publisher was changed from 'F.S. Ellis, London' to 'F. S. Ellis', we don't include the city in the publisher name.
- Changed the pages from '329' to 'vi+329'. "When a book has a section with Roman numeral page numbers for introductory material, followed by Arabic numerals for the main text of the book, enter both sets of numbers."
- I added a link to a scanned copy in the internet archive.
- You're welcome. Notice how I indented your response with a colon and mine with two. Here is the explanation from the help section - The common convention on the ISFDB wiki is that in discussion threads, responses are indented using leading colons to show different levels of response. When a discussion has gotten overly indented, someone may set the indent level back to zero, and prefix that comment with "(unindent)". John Scifibones 16:05, 23 December 2022 (EST)
My Lunatic Asylum
Regarding this submission:
- Are all the stories being added speculative fiction? For a mixed genre collection, we would only add the speculative fiction stories (unless it was a recognized speculative fiction author which is not the case here).
- The pub notes have "Major Whittington", but the new title being added is "Mjor Whittington". Is that a typo?
- To my knowledge (I haven't read all of those stories) "Major Whittington" is science-fiction for sure. I suppose the rest isn't speculative fiction.
- Yes, it's typo - it should be "Major"
- Thank you! Noart1972 (talk) 10:20, 29 December 2022 (EST)
- Okay, let's just add "Major Whittington" for now. I have rejected your submission and made the necessary changes. If you determine any other titles qualify for inclusion, feel free to add them. For "Major Whittington", you entered the Polish translation as a novelette and the English translation as a novella. Do you know which is correct? Thanks. -- JLaTondre (talk) 10:56, 29 December 2022 (EST)
Please note that, as per Help:Screen:AuthorData:
- For locations whose names have changed over time, use the name as of the time of the author's birth, e.g. for authors born in Lviv between 1773 and 1918, use "Lemberg".
https://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/pl.cgi?925405; Boothby's story seems to be from 1898, not 1905; https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/68179303. None of the Doig anthology editions it appears in are PV so does your PV of this magazine give a date for the story? --Username (talk) 08:40, 26 May 2023 (EDT)