Hello, Fjh, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!Kraang 17:37, 20 December 2021 (EST)
Regarding this submission: You are creating a new record that is an exact copy of the existing record. If you have the same printing, you should be verifying the existing record. If you have a different printing, you should be indicating what is different in your version. Please let me know what you are trying to achieve. Thanks. -- JLaTondre (talk) 10:09, 1 January 2022 (EST)
- So sorry, somehow I managed to miss the existing entries in both cases. I will cancel the submissions and try to be more careful in future. Fjh 10:39, 1 January 2022 (EST)
The Naked Sun cover
Hi. This is a stray cover Here are the other covers with the correct early date 1983-11-00. What you need to do is click on the artists name and in "Edit Tools" click "Check for Duplicate Titles". Scroll till you find "The Naked Sun" Check the boxes and submit the merge. Beware of any warnings in this case there are none. This will add the cover to the other three. The merge will suggest the earlier date don't select the 1983-12-00 date of your pub. Hope this helps. After this goes through just reject the earlier submission I have on hold.Kraang 22:18, 4 January 2022 (EST)
- Thanks for the instructions. submission Fjh 15:39, 5 January 2022 (EST)
- I approved the earlier sub to update the image and then changed the art credit date back to 1983-12-00, so no need to reject submission.Kraang 19:39, 5 January 2022 (EST)
One printing, multiple covers
The Forge of God records 40078 and 654079 explain there are two different covers for the first printing. This seems to be the case for Quantico too: I have a first printing with this slightly different cover. Two questions:
- Should I follow the precedent of The Forge of God and create another record for Quantico?
- Can I update 40078 and 654079 to show the covers as described? The former says "this record is for the clear title" but currently shows the filled title, and the latter shows both covers.
Fjh 11:56, 7 January 2022 (EST)
- Yes create another record for "Quantico" and update the images(Forge of God), the correct image for my PV(current one is wrong) is the left hand image(clear letters outlined in white) on the double image. Thanks.Kraang 21:28, 7 January 2022 (EST)