|This is an ISFDB Bibliographic Comments page for the author (or artist or editor) Michael Moorcock. This page may be used for bibliographic comments or extended notes about the author, or discussion on how to the author's works are to be recorded . The link above leads to the ISFDB summary record for Michael Moorcock. Please use Bio:Michael Moorcock for a biographical sketch of this person. To discuss what should go on this page, use the talk page. For more on this and other header templates, see Header templates.|
See the Newbie Guide at Multiverse.org, Moorcock's Web site, for reading order suggestions and series ordering discussions. Ahasuerus 14:34, 30 Jan 2007 (CST)
Have made an initial attempt at rationalizing the series and linking the various variant titles to their parents. Most relationships should now be in place. --Unapersson 13:14, 7 Mar 2007 (CST)
Between The Wars
Colonel Pyat tetralogy. Strictly non-genre but with elements of speculative fiction.
There are two mini-series of books. The original quartet and the concluding trilogy.
Need some way of representing the original quartet, to seperate them out from the supporting volumes. Also change series ordering to match Cornelis Quartet/Calendar.
The three John Daker novels, not really a trilogy but connected. To Rescue Tanelorn... is also listed, but I'm not sure if the other EC short stories should go here. Perhaps rename series to John Daker?
The two Karl Glogauer novels.
Oona Von Bek
Strictly these are new Elric novels, but he is not really the main character, especially in the final volume. These books also feature Oswald Bastable and Hawkmoon, amongst others. One potential project might be to tag titles with EC incarnations who appear.
The trilogy of alternate history/steampunk novels featuring Oswald Bastable.
Second Ether Trilogy
Trilogy providing an alternate view of the multiverse and a new ending. Maybe it should just be Second Ether so Multiverse graphic novel can be included.
Sojan the Swordsman
Juvenile fiction by Moorcock, in the style of Conan.
Dancers at the End of Time
Like the Cornelius books, there is a main trilogy and a number of supporting volumes with the same characters. Have tried to show that split.
Two trilogies featuring Corum.
The Elric Saga
Lots of books and short stories, published at different times that have gradually been brought into a chronology.
The Tale of the Eternal Champion (Millennium)
A series of omnibus volumes covering all the incarnations of the Eternal Champion. Intended to be a comprehensive and definitive collection of the novels and stories set in the Multiverse. Millennium made the decision not to publish all volumes, and others, notably the Cornelius novels, were already contracted to another publisher.
Hard Cover and Trade Paperback editions were simultaneously published between 1992 and 1993. Mass market paperback re-issues were issued between 1995 and 1997, some volumes featured modified content.
- 1 Von Bek : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 2 The Eternal Champion : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 3 Hawkmoon : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 4 Corum : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 5 Sailing to Utopia : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 6 A Nomad of the Time Streams : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 7 The Dancers at the End of Time : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 8 Elric of Melniboné : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 9 The New Nature of the Catastophe : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 10 The Prince With the Silver Hand : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 11 Legends from the End of Time : Hardcover* | Trade Paperback* | Paperback
- 12 Stormbringer : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 13 Earl Aubec : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
- 14 Count Brass : Hardcover | Trade Paperback | Paperback
* These printings featured the first chapter only of Constant Fire by mistake.
The Tale of the Eternal Champion (White Wolf)
The US version of the Millennium volumes. Different books and slightly different ordering. Millennium did not want to publish some volumes, and White Wolf skipped the Jerry Cornlius book.
A series of novels following different generations of a family responsible for guarding the Holy Grail.
Warrior of Mars
A trilogy of novels that are a tribute to Edgar Rice Burroughs Mars books.
Hollow Lands / End of All Songs (Avon) - Are these variant titles, or a typo?