Hello, Jmward14, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- ISFDB FAQ
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! Mhhutchins 00:05, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
Strange Pleasures 3
I had to reject the submission adding a record for this title, as there is already one in the database. It doesn't appear to be complete, so you can update that record and add any data that may be missing: page numbers, stories, etc. Thanks. Mhhutchins 00:52, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for adding the remaining contents to the record. When you're updating a record you can also remove any data that no longer applies, like the note that says "Partial Contents from review" in the note field. Mhhutchins 01:19, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
Here Be Dragons
The submission adding this new pub was accepted, but a few changes had to made in order for it to conform to ISFDB standards (see the help links in the Welcome section above.)
- "Trade paperback" was changed to "tp"
- A currency sign ($) was added to the price field
- Date was changed to 2008-10-14 (publishing date according to Amazon)
I also linked the cover image from the Amazon listing. If you have this book, it would help if you did a primary verification of the record. If not, you should add the source of your data in the notes field. Thanks for contributing. Mhhutchins 01:11, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
- Forgot to add: certain words in the body of a title should not be capitalized, such as "and", "the", "a", "an", "for", "of", "in", "on", "by", "at", "from", "with", and "to". I've adjusted the titles. Thanks. Mhhutchins 01:16, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
Hellfire Lounge anthologies
I accepted your submissions for #s 2 & 3 of the series, which leads me to the question if Hellfire Lounge should be part of the respective titles: you gave it as the titles of the publishing series. You may also want to consider it as a title series, like this one, which would be the usual way for a series of anthologies.
Second, you gave the names of two of the authors as CJ Henderson and KT Pinto while we have C. J. Henderson and K. T. Pinto already in the database. The easiest way to avoid unnecessary pseudonyms in such cases would be to state the canonical names and add a note about the spelling (you can do this in one step by editing the respective anthologies). Thanks, Stonecreek 04:22, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
- Since you seem to be a sporadic contributor, I'll go ahead and normalize the authors. If you have any questions or complaints please contact me on my talk page. Stonecreek 17:16, 6 November 2013 (UTC)
Strange Pleasures 3
As you appear to be no longer editing here, I have gone ahead and made the following changes to our verified Strange Pleasures 3:
- Changed the publisher to Prime Books, as Wildside Press appears nowhere in the publication.
- Added the cover artist credit.
- Added the introductory essay 'A Walk Along the Bookshelves'.
- Corrected the title of the first story to 'At the Crossroads', previously "At the Crosswords".
- Corrected the title of 'The Devil's Bowl' to 'The Devil's Bowl (Australia, 1920)' as it appears on the story's title page.
Thanks. PeteYoung 20:55, 17 November 2016 (UTC)