This editor is no longer actively participating and is unlikely to respond to messages left here.
If this user is the sole verifier of a publication record, please:
Otherwise, please post notices and inquiries only on the talk pages of the other primary verifiers.
Hello, Circeus, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- ISFDB FAQ
- Help:Screen:EditPub#General contents - Warning and a note on how to update a publication's contents
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! Ahasuerus 03:54, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
Agatha H and the Airship City
Please record the source for your data in the Note field, not the Note to Moderator field. All information entered into the latter field is deleted upon submission and does not become a permanent part of the record. You'll also need to correct the artist credit given in the record. Thanks. Mhhutchins 15:56, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
Le canal Ophite
Hello, I've approved your submission but changed the publication series from "Presses Pocket - Science Fiction." to "Presses Pocket - Science Fiction". Hauck 18:34, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
Les terres creuses
Your recent submission for a variant title ...
... had to be rejected, alas. Basically you are right that we index variant spellings as different titles. But: as we run clean-up reports, the title would be deleted, as there's no publication connected with it. So, the right way is to enter a publication anew, if there's no title corresponding to it and then variant the new title to an existing one. But thanks for the input. Welcome back! Stonecreek 08:56, 31 October 2018 (EDT)
- So I have to wait through multiple pending edits. Noted. 09:47, 31 October 2018 (EDT)
- Yeah, at one time we had a massive overload of 'empty' titles that were either varianted to other parent titles or had 'lost' their publications (because it turned out they were not published at all or under a different title) that we have chosen this way to avoid such desinformation. Stonecreek 03:14, 1 November 2018 (EDT)
The BNF ID we are looking for is the one that looks like cb44506394b and not the FRBNF44506394 format (as the cb one is the one that the standard public URL is looking for. When you are on the BNF page, look for the "Citer la notice" - the ID is hiding there. In the case of this one, it is this BNF page. Annie 12:44, 31 October 2018 (EDT)
- Yes, I only noticed that after sending in and seeing the URL. I had a 50/50 chance and I missed XD Circeus 12:47, 31 October 2018 (EDT)
- I fixed that one and no worries! Thanks for the understanding! We probably should change the help page to assist a bit better in such cases. Annie 13:02, 31 October 2018 (EDT)
La couronne du berger
Swapped the BNF in this one as well :) I also added the title of the book to the essay with the generic name (Postface) - when we have Forewords, Afterwords and so on in any language and they do not have a specific name, the book name is added to make it unique (so you do not end up with someone with 20 Introduction titles that cannot be differentiated on their page (or do a search and find thousands of essays called Introduction with no idea which book each is in). Annie 13:13, 31 October 2018 (EDT)
- Normalized title (removed series title). Linguist 05:07, 21 January 2020 (EST).