Hello, BethB, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! Mike Christie (talk) 20:35, 21 Jan 2007 (CST)
Magic in the Mirrorstone
I have approved the addition of the Magic in the Mirrorstone anthology and made minor adjustments like changing "hardcover" to "hc" and "14.95" to "$14.95". However, I then compared the data with the OCLC record for this book (167493896) and I have a few questions:
- Is the publisher "Wizards of the Coast" or "Mirrorstone Books"?
- Is the full title of Eugie Foster's story "Princess Bufo Marinus" or "Princess Bufo Marinus, Also Known as Amy"?
- Is Craig Laurence Gidney's middle name "Laurence" or "Laurance"?
- Is Cassandre Clare's first name "Cassandre" or "Cassandra"?
- Is the title of Clare's story "Have You Ever Seen a Shoggath" or "Have You Ever Seen a Shoggoth?"
- Are the following stories present in this anthology:
- "School Spirit" by Jim C. Hines
- "Blackwater Baby" by Tiffany Trent
- "Old Crimes" by J. D. Everyhope
- "The Fortunate Dream" by Gregory Frost
- "Out of Her Element" by E. Sedia
- "Virgin" by Holly Black
Thanks! Ahasuerus 01:32, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
Fox and Phoenix
I accepted the new publication but added a $ currency symbol to the price so we know which country it's for. BLongley 15:11, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
River of Souls
The submission adding this record was accepted, but I had to remove the link to the image on Tor.com. We need to have explicit permission from the owner of the website if we deep-link to images on outside servers. I will attempt to make a copy of the image and upload it to the ISFDB server and then link to that one. Thanks. Mhhutchins 16:27, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- I've created a record for the Kindle/Nook ebook and linked it to the cover image on Amazon. Mhhutchins 16:38, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
The Ghost Dragon's Daugher
Hello, I've approved your submission but had to make extensive changes to conform to our standards. I've modified the following : 1) set date to "2015-10" as per the lookinside option at amazon, 2) transferred ASIN to the notes (the ISBN field is for entering just that, the ISBN), 3) changed price from "1.00USD" to simply "$1.00" (note that amazon gives $0.99), 4) deleted PubSeries and PubSeriesNum information and transferred it at SHORTFICTION title level (Series and SeriesNum fields), as we're dealing with a title series (a fictive universe) and not a publication series (a uniform series of usually unrelated books like the Ace Double line), 5) uploaded a scan into our system as we're not allowed to deeplink to the specified website, 6) changed artist from "Sarah A. I. Shuhmann" to "Sarah A. I. Schuhmann" as per amazon's lookinside feature, 7) deleted number of pages (meaningless for an ebook), 8) took the liberty to change your "Daugher" to "Daughter", 9) regularized publisher to "Beth Bernobich" and 10) added the missing corresponding SHORTFICTION content to the CHAPBOOK. The result is here. As you see, it may have been quicker for me to simply reject your submission so please take some time to study the Help pages. Thanks for contributing. Hauck 15:17, 9 January 2017 (UTC)
Pig, Crane, Fox
Hello, I've rejected your submission to add PubSeries PubSeriesNum data to this chapbook (see my message above). In this case such attributes are already present at the short fiction's title level here. Note that there seem to be some confusion as there is already a "Lóng City" series with already a #1 (Fox and Phoenix). Hauck 15:28, 9 January 2017 (UTC)