I don't always check my talk page regularly. Feel free to post here and then email me to get my attention using the 'E-mail this user' link in the toolbox menu on the left.
The Blue World
Cover artist of this is of course Gino D'Achille, his signature can be seen on the original art as shown on the backcover of Russ Cochran's Comic Art Auction #81 (lower left corner, signature GA). Horzel 17:02, 22 January 2021 (EST)
Artist credit for The Dome in the Forest
Hi. I apologize, I had the mistaken impression you are inactive. I don't know where I got that idea. Anyway....
A contributor submitted an artist credit (Tony Roberts) for your verified The Dome in the Forest. The identification was based on attributions on several Internet sites (tumblr, pinterest, and a Russian site selling the print). I sent email to Roberts, and he confirmed the artwork is his, so I approved the submission and added a note reflecting what I am saying here. But I also said the artist credit in the book isn't known, which of course is silly if there's an active verifier who can check the book. So if you have a chance, would you look your copy over and adjust the note to reflect reality? Thanks, and apologies again. --MartyD 13:27, 12 April 2021 (EDT)
- No apology necessary. I come and go. I can't find a credit on the copyright page or back cover nor a signature so I've edited the notes appropriately. --AliHarlow 14:23, 12 April 2021 (EDT)
Prison of Night
The Duchess of Kneedeep
Tomorrow Is Too Far
Fantasms and Magics
The Tomorrow Log second printing
I was getting ready to PV The Tomorrow Log when I noticed that my copy says "Second edition March 2003" above the number line at the bottom of the copyright page. Would you mind checking your copy and see if it has the same info? Thanks! Phil 11:35, 13 January 2022 (EST)
- Well spotted and you're absolutely correct. Edit submitted. AliHarlow
The Gods of Foxcroft
Added the cover artist to the Alan Dean Foster publication and updated Note to indicate source (German edition).
P.S. Your choice of dark blue for the banner at the top of the Talk page makes the black lettering difficult to read. ../Doug H 10:50, 29 January 2022 (EST)
John Brunner / The Squares of the City
John Brunner / The Jagged Orbit
For Hasan: Do you mind if I add "First Tor printing: January 1986", number line data, credit for the map artist, and the map title before I PV? Thanks! Phil 06:43, 16 February 2022 (EST) Of course not. Go for it.--AliHarlow 09:52, 21 February 2022 (EST)
For Stealers' Sky, do you mind if I add the maps title, "Ace edition/December 1989", and the number line before I PV? Phil 12:23, 18 February 2022 (EST) Sure. --AliHarlow 09:52, 21 February 2022 (EST)
The Sword and the Satchel
For The Sword and the Satchel, if it's OK with you I'd like to replace "1st printing" with "First Edition: May 1980" and "No printer's key or printing statement so first printing assumed". I'd also like to change the page count to +312. Thanks! Phil 07:30, 28 February 2022 (EST)
- Sure. Presumably you will also update the page number for the map to  otherwise it seems a bit pointless.--AliHarlow 08:33, 1 March 2022 (EST)
- Indeed I will! Phil 10:20, 1 March 2022 (EST)
Bili the Axe
Lyre of Orpheus
Added cover image and (artist) to cover artist's name because he's not the author of the same name; finding what I believe is the right cover for this edition was tough, so let me know if it's the same as yours; http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/view_submission.cgi?5265892. --Username 13:51, 19 March 2022 (EDT)
- Looks good to me. Thanks. --AliHarlow 05:17, 20 May 2022 (EDT)
Keepers of Edanvant
For Keepers of Edanvant, I'd like to make the following changes before PVing:
1. Change page count to +346
2. Change the title for the map from "Keepers of Edanvant (frontispiece)" to "Keepers of Edanvant (map)". It's definitely not a frontispiece.
3. Change the map page from bp to 
4. Add note "Both the title page and the cover show "Sword & Circlet 1" but this is the third book in the Sword & Circlet series."
5. Add notes for the cover artist and map artist.
Thanks! Phil 08:39, 26 March 2022 (EDT)
- All look good to me. Thanks. --AliHarlow 05:21, 20 May 2022 (EDT)
The Cult of Loving Kindness
Lyonesse III: Madouc
Black Star Rising
What is the colour of the author's name: "Frederick Pohl" on the spine of the book, as well as, what is the colour of the title of the book: "Black Star Rising" on the spine? --Spacecow 13:50, 21 May 2022 (EDT)
- They are both in the same colour. A desaturated yellow. You might call it "cream." Quite distinct from the gold of the author's name on the front cover.--AliHarlow 15:16, 24 May 2022 (EDT)
Close to Critical - cover art
Hi, you're the only active PV for this pub, which has a note "The artist is not credited, no visible signature on the artwork". A tweet earlier today mentions a Dave Langford list of art by Josh Kirby that includes this cover. The list seems to be based on notes by Kirby himself, so would seem to have a reasonable basis in fact. At the least, this seems worth mentioning in the pub note, but maybe that list is sufficiently "official" to justify a proper credit? Thoughts/objections? Thanks ErsatzCulture 10:13, 9 July 2022 (EDT)
- I would suggest you add him as the artist with a pub note to the effect of where you sourced that information. A moderator can always reject it if they feel it lacking status. I certainly have no objection.
Elric of Melniboné
- No; please do.--AliHarlow 08:16, 21 July 2022 (EDT)
The Moment of the Magician
- No, please do. --AliHarlow 09:43, 14 August 2022 (EDT)
Silent Songs ISBN
Hi. Would you check the ISBN for your Silent Songs e-book? The ISBN in your submission is not valid. Just let me know what it should be (or what that number in the submission is, if it's not meant to be the ISBN), and I will correct it when I process the submission. Thanks. --MartyD 09:07, 3 September 2022 (EDT)
- Hi Marty. You're quite right, but that's the ISBN that Kobo display. This is true of all the StarBridge ebooks that I have entered and, so far, I have simply added a comment to note that fact. If something else is more appropriate, please let me know. --AliHarlow 11:12, 3 September 2022 (EDT)
- I was going to tell you that doing something else is more appropriate, but I see our help does not match what I would have told you. So I have started a rules and standards discussion to see what people think we ought to be doing. Maybe we will get some good feedback. :-) I will keep the submission on hold for a little while and will accept it with whatever adjustments seem appropriate based on that discussion. --MartyD 12:54, 3 September 2022 (EDT)
- Thanks Marty. Just as an additional point. I went back over my StarBridge ebooks and I see that, at least in some cases, the relevant moderator has quietly changed them to be catalog IDs rather than ISBNs. Depending on the results of your discussion, it might be useful to revisit these. --AliHarlow 15:24, 3 September 2022 (EDT)
- I am very sorry about the long delay. The upshot is that if it's not really an ISBN (which these are not), then it shouldn't go into the ISBN field. I will accept the clones, move the number to the catalog ID field, and add a note that the publisher represents it as an ISBN. I'll see about making similar updates to any others I can find. Thanks for your patience. --MartyD (talk) 08:07, 8 October 2022 (EDT)
- No problem, Marty. I've removed the 1994 afterword as per my notes.
- Here is Silent Songs. Your note to the moderator said something about removing the 1994 afterword, but your pub notes talk about multiple things in the bonus material, so I did not do the removal, in case there's more to fixing up the content than just that. --MartyD (talk) 08:14, 8 October 2022 (EDT)
The Outskirter's Secret
For The Outskirter's Secret, I'd like to:
1. Change the page count to +342
2. Change the map author to Rosemary Kirstein and add an associated map artist note
Thanks! Phil 07:25, 4 September 2022 (EDT)
- Hi Phil. I've no objections whatsoever, but I'm interested why you decided on  rather than . The help pages all seem to assume that you can count back from the first numbered page, which you clearly can't in this case. I can see why it might be appropriate to consider the title page as the first actual page, but I can't find any written justification for dropping the preceding blind folio in the help text.--AliHarlow 03:59, 5 September 2022 (EDT)
Philip K. Dick / Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
I am editing and PVing Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and propose to change the date from 1972-00-00 to 1972-09-00 and add a pub note stating the source: Galactic Central Bibliography. I will also add the month to the associated records. I will be adding the month to several other PKD books in the near future. Teallach (talk) 13:39, 5 November 2022 (EDT)
Philip K. Dick / Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
I am editing and PVing Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said and will replace cover image with scan from my copy. Previous image was re-used from the 1976 Panther printing but the 1979 cover has differences in colour of some typography and ISBN instead of SBN. Teallach (talk) 16:08, 6 November 2022 (EST)
A World of Difference
https://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/view_submission.cgi?5484199; Someone uploaded the 1970 Sphere to Archive.org last month so I added a link, and also entered 5/- as price and moved pence price to the notes as I've been told is standard for books with both prices, pre-1971. --Username (talk) 11:12, 10 November 2022 (EST)
Regarding this submission: Does the publication list Smashwords within it? Smashwords is more a distributor than a publisher. Looking at the Amazon Look Inside, this seems a self-published work sold through both Amazon and Smashwords? Thanks. -- JLaTondre (talk) 09:49, 19 November 2022 (EST)
- Yes, although you may still be right. Copyright page has:
"Published by Rosemary Kirstein
Copyright 1989, 2003, 2013 by Rosemary Kirstein ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Smashwords Edition"
followed a little later by:
"Smashwords Edition, License Notes
This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return to Smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author."