Jump to navigation Jump to search
DAW Books is a publisher in New York, NY. DAW was founded in November 1971 by Donald A. Wollheim and his wife Elsie B. Wollheim. DAW is currently a division of Penguin Group (USA).
See Publisher:DAW for full DAW title and publication lists.
Historical full names and addresses
- 1972: DAW Books Inc., 1301 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019.
- 1979: DAW Books Inc., New York. (no street address).
- 1980: DAW Books Inc., 1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019.
- 1986: DAW introduces Betsy Wollheim as President and Editor-in-Chief, announces over 50 million books sold, states founding was in November 1971, and may have been introducing the overlapping "D" "A" "W" logo.
- 1990: DAW Books Inc., 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014.
- Nov-1990: Donald A. Wollheim dies.
- Title page updated from "Donald A. Wollheim, Publisher" to "Donald A. Wollheim, Founder" with "Elizabeth R. Wollheim and Sheila E. Gilbert, publishers."
- 2007: DAW Books, Inc., 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014, Elizabeth R. Wollheim and Sheila E. Gilbert, publishers. DAW Books are distributed by Penguin Group (USA) Inc.