|This page is a help or manual page for the ISFDB database. It describes standards or methods for entering or maintaining data in the ISFDB database, or otherwise working with the database. Other help pages may be found via the category below. To discuss what should go on this page, use the talk page.
If, after exploring the Help system, you still have a question, please visit the Help desk and let us know. We probably know the answer, but we need your help to know what we left out of the help pages.
If you are new to editing the ISFDB, please see Help:Getting Started.
For more on this and other header templates, see Header templates.
This tool lets you export the content of the currently selected publication into another publication. Use the following steps:
- Find the ID of the publication that you want to export the content into.
- Enter the publication ID in the field labeled "Export Into". You can also enter the URL of the publication.
- If the content titles in the two publications have the same page numbers, check the "Include page numbers?" check-box.
- Click on the "Export Content" button.
- Once the next page appears, optionally enter additional titles, reviews or interviews as necessary.
- Add or correct page numbers for each Content record.
The primary purpose of this tool is to allow copying the contents of a collection/anthology publication into another collection/anthology publication. Keep the following in mind when using this tool:
- Unlike "Clone Publication", this tool also allows you to export magazine contents into another magazine publication.
- This tool adds the content to whatever existing content may be already present. It doesn't affect any titles that are already in the publication.
- This tool copies all titles from one publication to another. You will not be able to selectively delete titles during the export process. If you need to remove some of the titles, e.g. if two different editions of a collection have different introductions, wait for the submission to be approved and then use the "Remove Titles from This Pub" tool.
- All exported titles will be automatically merged with existing titles. However, if you add additional Content items on the second page, they will not be automatically merged. Wait for the submission to be approved and then use the Merge Titles tool to merge any duplicates.