Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 11:36, 21 July 2018 by Ahasuerus (talk | contribs) (→See also: Moved "Current Events" from 2006 here)
|ISFDB Discussion Pages and Noticeboards|
|Before posting to this page, consider whether one of the other discussion pages or noticeboards might suit your needs better.|
If you're looking for help remembering a book title, check out the resources in our FAQ.
Please also see our Help pages.
Questions about doing a specific task, or how to correct information when the solution is not immediately obvious.
• New post • Archives
Help with bibliographic, image credit, and other questions which require a physical check of the work in question.
• New post • Archives
|Rules and standards
Discussions about the rules and standards, as well as questions about interpretation and application of those rules.
• New post • Rules changelog • Archives
General discussion about anything not covered by the more specialized noticeboards to the left.
• New post • Archives
Get the attention of moderators regarding submission questions.
• New post • Archives • Cancel submission
|Roadmap: For the original discussion of Roadmap 2017 see this archived section. For the current implementation status, see What's New#Roadmap 2017.|
Rules and standards changes
For a changelog of ISFDB data entry rules and standards, see the Rules and standards changelog page.
As for software changes, see the subsequent sections below.
Robotically identified ISBNs
- Manual submission of robotically identified ISBNs was enabled in July 2018 -- see User:Fixer/Public for the current process
Completed projects are displayed using
strikethrough. See this discussion for details.
- Language cleanup:
Assign languages to all titles
- Assign languages to all authors
- Wiki cleanup
- Move series/magazine-, publisher- and publication-specific etc Wiki pages to the database
Add a "Note" field to author records
- Move Bio and Bibliographic data to the database
- Support multiple prices per publication
- Support multiple publishers per publication. May require more thought re: imprints.
- ISBNs (mostly to support internationalization, but will also help in other cases):
Move catalog IDs to a separate field, which will help with pubs that have both an ISBN and a catalog ID, e.g. book club publications.
- Support multiple ISBNs per publication
- Add two checkboxes next to each ISBN: “derived” and “corrected”. The latter will let us capture two versions of invalid ISBNs, the stated one and the corrected one.
- Add support for translators (as well as other roles like single-author collection editors?)
Move “Add Authors/Transliterated Titles/etc” buttons to the right to free up screen real estate. This will become more important with the addition of new multiply occurring fields (see immediately above.) Change “Family Name” to “Directory Entry”. Separate translations from VTs on the Title page. Allow users to limit the list of publications to the ones associated with the canonical title.
- New Projects:
Re-do verifications. This will let us have more than 5 primary verifications as well as multiple transient verifications per publication.
- Create a history of changes to primary-verified publications by storing a snapshot of the way each verified pub looked like right before it was changed.
Support for third party IDs (OCLC, BLIC, LCCN, BNF, ASIN, Goodreads, etc).This will enable Fixer to submit ebooks without ISBNs, an increasingly common scenario.
- Make the Quick Tags list user-definable.
- Cleanup reports:
Make additional cleanup reports available to non-moderators
- Review old/incomplete FRs for cleanup reports, add missing title types
- Add a "printing rank" field to order multi-reprinted titles without pub dates
Software Changes by Year
- Current year: Development/Recent Patches
- Previous years: Development/Archive
- What's New from 2009
- What's New from 2008
- What's New from 2007
- What's New from 2006
- What's New from 2005
- What's New from 2004
- What's New from 2003
- What's New from 2002
- What's New from 2001
- What's New from 2000
- What's New from 1999
- What's New from 1998
- What's New from 1997
- What's New from 1996
- What's New from 1995
New Wiki Pages and Areas Created in 2006
- ISFDB:Beta has begun and public data submissions have been enabled. Ahasuerus 22 Dec 2006 (CST)
- ISFDB:Operations created. Ahasuerus 16:51, 20 Oct 2006 (CDT)
- ISFDB:Policy has been updated. Ahasuerus 12:21, 19 Oct 2006 (CDT)
- Sources of Bibliographic Information added to the Main Page -- in progress. Ahasuerus 10:28, 4 May 2006 (CDT)
- Bibliographic Rules added to the Main Page. Discuss away! Ahasuerus 09:40, 1 May 2006 (CDT)
- Bibliographic Projects in Progress added to the Main Page. A place to list ongoing cataloging and cleanup mini-projects. Ahasuerus 14:34, 1 May 2006 (CDT)