Hello, Ybahjatt, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! Stonecreek 12:49, 26 August 2020 (EDT)
3 recent submissions
Hi Yasser, we communicated about 3 weeks ago on Messenger/Facebook, but I didn't let you know at that time that I'm also an ISFDB moderating editor, so welcome on board. There are a couple of problems with your 3 recent submissions:
- Your author update provides a drawing of a sword-wielding warrior. As normally we use straight photos of authors for the author image instead of all different kinds of avatars, can you please confirm that this is actually an image of you?! If so, it might be better (for purposes of identification) to crop the image to just your head, or instead use the perfectly good image you currently have on your Amazon page.
- There is also an issue with the site that hosts the image, as we are restricted to being able to deep-link images only from site owners that give us written permission to do so. The current list is here, and if you own jeddicon.com you can let us know it's OK to do so just by replying here. Alternatively, you can upload the image to the ISFDB server instead, and details of how to do this are here. As a result of not being able to accept this particular edit because of the server, unfortunately I may have to reject it unless permission can be provided.
- As you have not made any actual changes to the 2 publications for which you wished to change the publisher, unfortunately I have had to reject these edits as there's nothing I can actually do with them. If you had changed the publisher's name from 'The League of Arabic SciFiers' to 'Yatakhayaloon' in the edit field (instead of just putting the request in the Note to Moderator) then I could have accepted them. If you wish to have another go (rather than me do it for you, by which you would learn nothing!), click again on 'Edit This Pub' and change the name of the publisher to Yatakhayaloon, then click submit. These should then go through just fine and be accepted.
- When replying to this message, click Edit in the top right corner of the message, start your reply underneath with a colon [:] which will cascade your text, and finish by adding four tildes [~] which will add your name and time-stamp.
Thanks for your patience... editing at the ISFDB can be a steep learning curve for newcomers and we moderators are here to help. Stick with it and please give it another go! Thanks again for editing at the ISFDB, and I'll keep an eye out for future edits from you. PeteYoung 16:25, 29 August 2020 (EDT)
Hi Pete, I have made the edit requests for the two books. As for the image: - Yes I do own the Jeddi.com site and give you permission to use images from there. - The image I am using there is exactly that same image on my author page on Amazon. Thank you for your patience and supporting newcomers. Ybahjatt 16:51, 29 August 2020 (EDT)