Hello, Tourist68, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! MagicUnk 13:08, 9 September 2021 (EDT)
Your Ted Cross submissions
Hello, I've accepted your submissions , , , but had to make the following changes:
- Synopses, when cited verbatim, needs to be in quotes, require source, and date of retrieval - see the comprehensive rules here.
- Price always needs a currency symbol
- Short publications (novella, novelette, short story) are not recorded as NOVEL, but as CHAPBOOK. Converted it for you
- Publication dates: if not from the book, you need to record the actual source in the notes, for example: 'Date from Amazon.com as of 2021-09-10'
- pb vs tp: publication format is solely based on size: pb for any paperback that's smaller than 4.25 x 7 inch, tp for anything that's larger. I've corrected these based on info from Amazon.com - you should be able to confirm these since you have the book in hand.
- Added cover from Amazon - you can replace that with a scan of your own if you like. If you don't know how, let us know.
- Replaced the ebook ISBN with the tp ISBN in . -- IMPORTANT: since you've entered the ebook ISBN I suspect that you do have the ebook in hand, and not the tp, correct? If so, you'll have to remove the verification from the tp record (unless you own that one too), and create a new ebook record by cloning and verifying that. If you don't know how, ask - if not, leave as-is :)
- Added ASIN (amazon id) and removed pages for the ebook (pages are not really meaningful for electronic publications since they can be too easily reformatted to end up with another page count)
If you intend to contribute more, please read through the links provided in the welcome message above. They provide valuable information for any editor. You can also ask questions over at the help desk or community portal Again, welcome. Regards, MagicUnk 11:21, 10 September 2021 (EDT)