Hello, Rittermitfahrer, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! Annie 16:51, 6 December 2019 (EST)
You are trying to add a date to our record of Hobbit here based on Amazon. However, I cannot find anything in Amazon that points to this date for the "Second printing" of the edition (which is what that record is about). Before approving the rest of the changes and reverting back the date, can you point me to where exactly you saw the date? If you want to use that for the first printing, instead of adding the date to the second one, you should clone it, create a record for the first, adjust the date there and then we will have both. Thanks and welcome again! Annie 16:55, 6 December 2019 (EST)
- You are right - disregard the change to the date issued as I thought I was looking at the first printing of this version. I will attempt to be more diligent in the future. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by talk:Rittermitfahrer (talk • contribs) .
- No worries at all. I added the first printing based on that so we are all good. Annie 17:55, 14 December 2019 (EST)
Changing existing printings
Hi! Please clone the Doctor Who publication you just tried to change into a second printing instead: I rejected your submission, since we try to capture all printings (and we would have lost the first printing of 1981 by approving your submission). Also: please give a valid currency symbol when entering a price. Thanks, Stonecreek 09:16, 19 December 2019 (EST)
Regarding this submission: We only record the LCCN as an external ID when it matches the publication. While the pb version may have copied the LCCN, this LCCN is for the hc edition (see LoC record which only lists the hc ISBN). As such, I had to reject this edit to the pb version. -- JLaTondre (talk) 19:15, 23 June 2022 (EDT)