Hello, Morganmike, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! -- JLaTondre (talk) 22:46, 30 January 2019 (EST)
Unidentified Funny Objects 8
I accepted your addition of Unidentified Funny Objects 8, but made a couple of changes per our standards:
- Publisher: Per the copyright page via Amazon inside, the publisher is listed as UFO Publishing.
- Format: Per the dimensions shown at Amazon, we classify this as a trade paperback (tp).
- Cover: I added a cover from Amazon. You are welcome to replace with an uploaded cover (see directions in welcome message above).
We appreciate your submission & hope you will continue to contribute. ISFDB has some conventions that need learning so please check out the help links in the welcome message above. And let us know if you have any questions (ISFDB:Help desk is a good resource for asking). -- JLaTondre (talk) 10:04, 31 October 2020 (EDT)
Duplicate Record - Potter's Field 7
Coincidentally, both you and Elizabeth_Hardy added and verified the same publication on the same day.
- Would you mind changing your verification to the other publication?
- Click the link to see your verified publication.
- Select Verify This Pub make sure the radio button indicates No verification then click Verify.
- Click the other publication link and add your verification.
- Please let me know when have successfully transferred your verification, I'm monitoring your talk page. Thanks, John Scifibones 10:39, 6 February 2022 (EST)
- Also check the title page, is it "Potter's Field" or "Potters Field"? John Scifibones 09:27, 7 February 2022 (EST) There is no apostrophe in "Potters".
- Thanks for confirming the title. Will you also double check the following 2 titles, " Potter's Field 2000" and "Night of the Nine Jack-o-Lanterns"? The other record shows slightly different titles.
- After you move your verification, I will edit the other publication. John Scifibones 10:27, 8 February 2022 (EST)
Spring Forward, Fall Back
I approved your submission for this pub, but had to remove the image, which was from a site we don't have permission to use. I also added periods to the initials of the author of the first story because ISFDB standards require them. Otherwise, nice job. Bob 10:40, 11 June 2022 (EDT)
Anatomy of Hate
Hello. I've accepted your submission, but had to make the following changes:
- linked to coverart hosted at Amazon - you can also upload (a scan of) the cover to ISFDB
- changed the ISBN to what I found on Amazon, Goodreads, etc... - not sure where you got the number 23700000641564 from? It doesn't has the structure for an ISBN number. Please explain.
- added goodreads ID
- where did you get the price from? Where did you get the date from? Please update the Note field with source of this information as I suspect it's not on or in the book
- what does page number '0' mean for the 'What is Hate?' poem? Typo?
Regards, MagicUnk 06:19, 17 June 2022 (EDT)
Sounds of the Night
Same here. Accepted your submission, but...
- Where did 2370000482341 come from? It's not an ISBN. I corrected it to the ISBN I found on Goodreads.
- Add source for price & date, as it's not likely it'll be on or in the book.
- added goodreads ID
Also, do upload the cover to the ISFDB if you happen to be able to make a scan (or find a copy online). Regards, MagicUnk 10:31, 17 June 2022 (EDT)
Five Minutes at Hotel Stormcove
Regarding this submission: This publication is already in the database here. As such, I had to cancel your submission. It is always best to search by ISBN before adding a publication. Please edit the existing record instead. However, are all the stories you are adding speculative fiction? The Amazon description makes these seem like a mixed genre book. If so, only the speculative fiction contents (or stories by well known speculative fiction authors) should be listed. Thanks. -- JLaTondre (talk) 08:56, 25 June 2022 (EDT)
- Is this how I reply? Guys, look at the entry for the book you have already - it has 1 story listed under it. That original entry shouldn't have been accepted. Either replace it with mine or merge them. But don't reject the better entry. I spent a long time typing all the real writers & stories in. WOW. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Morganmike (talk • contribs) .
- It is always best to search for a pub before entering a new one. If the same version exists, you should edit the existing one. If another version exists, it should be cloned. The original record was created based on the data available at the time. We do not skip pubs simply because we don't have all the data. While it's not possible to merge publications, I can unreject your edit and do some manipulation to accomplish the equivalent. However, you have not answered the question on whether the contents you added are all speculative fiction (science fiction, fantasy, or supernatural horror). The Amazon description and categorization (Literary Anthologies) imply it is not. If this is a mixed genre anthology, we would only enter the speculative fiction contents. Thanks. -- JLaTondre (talk) 14:30, 25 June 2022 (EDT)