Difference between revisions of "User talk:HenryFWilde"
(welcome + addition)
Latest revision as of 09:59, 9 July 2022
Hello, HenryFWilde, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! -- JLaTondre (talk) 09:59, 9 July 2022 (EDT)
Man of the Fields
I accepted your addition of Man of the Fields, but had to make some changes:
- Title: Subtitles are included in the title field (separated by ":") & not in the notes.
- Publisher: For self-published books, we list the author as the publisher (and not Amazon).
- Format: I changed the format from "pb" to "tp". The ISFDB uses a specific set of values. I used "tp" (for trade paperback) based on the dimensions supplied by Amazon.
- Image: I added the Amazon image. You are welcome to replace with a local one (see Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki).
- ASIN: The ASIN goes into the External ID field and not the Catalog ID field.
- Reviews: Reviews are for reviews within the publication, not reviews about the publication. The are used for a magazine's book review column, etc. As such, I have removed the review.
We appreciate your submission & hope you will continue to contribute. ISFDB has some conventions that need learning so please check out the help links in the welcome message above. And let us know if you have any questions (ISFDB:Help desk is a good resource for asking). -- JLaTondre (talk) 09:59, 9 July 2022 (EDT)