Hello, ElectricStarboard, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! -- JLaTondre (talk) 08:15, 25 June 2022 (EDT)
The World's Finest Mystery and Crime Stories: Fourth Annual Collection
Regarding this submission: Are these stories speculative fiction (science fiction, fantasy, or supernatural horror)? Please see our Project Scope for details on what we included. The only non-speculative fiction we would include would be by well known genre authors. So the anthology itself is included because of Gorman and Greenberg and the Wilhelm story would also be eligible on that basis even if not speculative fiction. But the other authors' stories would need to be speculative fiction to be listed. Please let me know and I will update the submission. Thanks. -- JLaTondre (talk) 08:15, 25 June 2022 (EDT)
Based on , , & , it looks like you are adding all the contents to this anthology series. Please let me know (by responding here) which stories are speculative and I will update the anthologies. Or you may cancel your existing edits and resubmit with just the eligible works. Thanks. -- JLaTondre (talk) 08:50, 25 June 2022 (EDT)
Thanks JLaTondre - you are correct, overall these stories are not speculative fiction (just straight mystery/crime) and the edit should not be published. Thank you for the information!I will resubmit with just the speculative fiction stories. ElectricStarboard 09:00, 25 June 2022 (EDT)
- Submissions have been rejected. Sorry you had to do extra work. We appreciate your understanding. ISFDB has some conventions that need learning, but everything should be in the help links in the welcome message above. We hope you will continue to contribute. And please let us know if you have any questions (ISFDB:Help desk is a good resource for asking). -- JLaTondre (talk) 09:09, 25 June 2022 (EDT)