|This page is the wiki-page for the publisher or imprint Arrow. This page may be used for extended notes about the publisher, including alternate names, changes of ownership, associated imprints, locations, etc. The link above leads to the ISFDB publisher record for Arrow. To discuss what should go on this page, use the talk page.
For more on this and other header templates, see Header templates.
Arrow is the common name for Arrow Books which is an imprint of Hutchinson, or Century Hutchinson, or the Random Century Group, now an imprint of Random House UK.
Usual ISBN Prefix 0099.
Historical full names and addresses
- 1963: Arrow Books Ltd is identified as an imprint of Hutchinson Group and was located at 178-202 Great Portland Street, London, W.1.
- 1972: Arrow Books Ltd is identified as an imprint of Hutchinson Group and was located at 3 Fitzroy Square, London W1.
- 1976: Arrow Books Ltd is identified as an imprint of Hutchinson Publishing Group and was located at 3 Fitzroy Square, London W1.
- 1979-1980: Arrow Books Limited is identified as an imprint of Hutchinson Publishing Group and was located at 3 Fitzroy Square, London W1P 6JD.
- 1984-1985: Arrow Books Limited is identified as a publisher and a division of Hutchinson Publishing Group and was located at 17-21 Conway Street, London W1P 6JD.
- 1989: Arrow Books Limited is identified as an imprint of Century Hutchinson Limited and was located at 62-65 Chandos Place, London WC2N 4NW.
- 1991: Legend Books, an imprint of Arrow Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 2SA. An imprint of the Random Century Group.
- 1996: Arrow Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 2SA
- As of September 2016:
- Publisher: Arrow Books redirects here, so that ISFDB Publisher Record # 390 ("Publisher: Arrow Books") points here.
- The page history shows this section unchanged from 2009.
- The database includes Arrow Books publications as early as 1953, of which one says the date is an estimate, in part as "Tuck dates this to 1950, even though the Arrow imprint wasn't founded until 1953. ..." 260224; the other cites the author's website.
- The database includes primary verified Arrow Books publications as early as 1959, a "stated 4th printing" 511630.
Arrow Books has been identified as both an imprint and a publisher that has been active from at least 1963 to 1996.
- WorldCat library record OCLC 33251447 reports "Publisher: London, Arrow, 1911".
- That must be a mis-representation of the 1960 Arrow Books edition of the same work. See OCLC:
- --Pwendt|talk 20:49, 29 October 2018 (EDT)
- Arrow cover logo from 1963. The stylised 'A' seems to be the origin of the spine logo. 
- Arrow Books logo used in at least 1976. This is scanned from a title page. The same logo is used on the spine.
- Arrow Books logo used in at least 1996. The left is scanned from title page, the right one from the spine.
- Arrow Science Fiction (1976)
- Venture SF (1985 to 1989)
Arrow Science Fiction
Arrow Science Fiction is a publisher's series for Arrow Books and was used in at least 1976. In the referenced publication the name is only used on the front cover and was not branded with logos, etc. the way Venture SF is.
- Series name as used in 1976
Arrow Books has used the following printing companies to manufacture its publications:
- 1972 and 1976: The Anchor Press
- 1985: Anchor Brendon
- 1989: Courier International
1. ^ The Jagged Orbit by John Brunner published 1979
2. ^ Counting the Cost by David Drake published 1989 .
3. ^ Solar Lottery by Philip K. Dick published 1972 .
4. ^ The Twilight Realm by Christopher Carpenter published 1985 .
5. ^ Star Rigger's Way by Jeffrey A. Carver published 1980 .
6. ^ Crystal Express Bruce Sterling, 1991
7. ^ The Quincunx of Time by James Blish published 1976
8. ^ Starhunt by David Gerrold published 1985
9. ^ Image Image:Purple-6_Title_Page.jpg from Purple-6 published 1963
10. ^ Memnoch the Devil Anne Rice, 1996
11. ^ Doctor Mirabilis James Blish, 1984
12. ^ The Lair of the White Worm