The files accessible from this page are complete copies of the software that drives the ISFDB and the data tables that comprise it, available under Creative Commons. The only data not included in the backups are:
- personal data such as users' e-mail addresses and passwords
- raw submission data, which is not included due to its size
- the MediaWiki table contents although empty tables are included so that they can be used with the ISFDB code
You can find detailed instruction on building public ISFDB backup files at ISFDB:How To Create a Public Backup File.
See also User:Fixer#Fixer_Dumps_and_Lists, for ISBN and ASIN data files used by the Fixer robot to submit new publications.
The following files are available. You can download them either by using the links below or by using the download script.
Backup files of all cover scans currently hosted by ISFDB. Most files are between 820MB and 850MB in size, the total is approximately 14.1Gb. Updated on 2023-03-27:
Database backups are compressed MySQL files which do not include the ISFDB Wiki or user data. Each file is around 300MB in size and expands to about 1.3GB. The installed (MyISAM) database takes up roughly 3GB of disk space. See below for installation instructions.
The following backups are available:
For pre-2023 backups see ISFDB Download Archives.
Installation and Setup
- ISFDB:MySQL Only Setup - instructions to setup the MySQL database without the ISFDB website script. Useful for making direct SQL queries or customized scripts for data mining.
- ISFDB:Personal Linux Website - instructions to create a version of the ISFDB to run on your home Linux system. This will not include setting up the wiki.
- ISFDB:Personal Linux Website (Fedora Core) - instructions to create a version of the ISFDB to run on your home Linux system. This will not include setting up the wiki.
- ISFDB:Personal Windows Website - instructions to create a version of the ISFDB to run on your home Windows system. This will not include setting up the wiki.
- ISFDB:Full Linux Website - instructions to recreate a full version of the ISFDB website on Linux. Note that complete backup including all Wiki data is not available to the general public, due to the inclusion of personal information. These notes are for moderators with access to the data.
- ISFDB:Configure Nightly Processing