|This is an ISFDB Bibliographic Comments page for the author (or artist or editor) Krystyna Turska. This page may be used for bibliographic comments or extended notes about the author, or discussion on how to the author's works are to be recorded . The link above leads to the ISFDB summary record for Krystyna Turska. Please use Bio:Krystyna Turska for a biographical sketch of this person. To discuss what should go on this page, use the talk page. For more on this and other header templates, see Header templates.|
Turska is one of 10 (among 50?) winners of the Kate Greenaway Medal for children's book illustration who lacks a biography at English Wikipedia as of 2017-01-19.
Pegasus (Hamish Hamilton), the myth of Pegasus and Bellerophon retold by Turska, was a "Commended" runner-up for the 1970 medal. She won the 1972 medal for The Woodcutter's Duck (Hamish Hamilton).
- Wikipedia: Kate Greenaway Medal
Presumably the bad link that we provide (http://www.carnegiegreenaway.org.uk/livingarchive/title.php?id=35) targets an official webpage for the 1972 medal.
The award is not limited to children's picture books but WorldCat records show that the honoured books by Turska are both unpaged "". The former with summary, "Kindness to a frog brings a Polish woodcutter an unusual power and a change of fortune."
- Series "The Hamish Hamilton Book of"; or "A Cavalcade of"
Library of Congress catalogue records cover five "A Cavalcade of" anthologies illustrated by Turska, one in the database as of 2017-01-20.
- The Hamish Hamilton book of witches (1966); A cavalcade of witches (1967)
- The Hamish Hamilton book of heroes (1967); William Mayne's book of heroes: stories and poems (Dutton, 1968)
- The Hamish Hamilton book of goblins (1969); A cavalcade of goblins (1969); Twith Contents
- The Hamish Hamilton book of dragons (1970) OCLC 59162952; A cavalcade of dragons (1970); A Book of Dragons (Puffin, 1973) OCLC 16257339
- The Hamish Hamilton book of sea legends (1971); A cavalcade of sea legends (1972)
For more data on the Hamish Hamilton Book series, see table Publisher:Hamish Hamilton#Anthology series, illustrated.
- Series "Authors' Choice"
LC also covers two "Author's Choice" anthologies illustrated by Turska, one in the database in one edition as of 2017-01-20.
- Authors' choice. Stories chosen by Gillian Avery (1971); (c)1970
- Authors' choice 2: stories (1973); Authors' choice 2. Stories chosen by Joan Aiken (1974); see T1320607
One incomplete WorldCat record hints that Turska illustrated only two such volumes and describes their contents as selected by 17 and 16 "distinguished writers", OCLC: 61058583.