What's New from 2009
Jump to navigation Jump to search
What's New - 31 December 2009
- Highlights of patches r2009-23 through r2009-75 implemented between September 8 and December 31:
- You can now remove invalid pseudonyms
- You can now delete empty Series
- You can now dissociate Series from their parent Super-series
- Automated the addition of cover scans to publications
- Edit Pub no longer allows editors to change constituent Titles if they also appear in other Pubs
- Remove Title lets you remove all Titles, including duplicates and container titles
- CHAPTERBOOKs have been re-enabled at the Title level to allow documenting standalone appearances of Shortfiction and Essays
- Editors can cancel their submissions before they are approved/rejected
- Magazine pubs now link to their parent Series (or to the EDITOR Title if it's not in a Series)
- You can now search magazine titles from the main search box.
- The Forthcoming Books page has been redone.
What's New - 8 September 2009
- Highlights of patches r2009-14 through r2009-22 implemented between July 29 and September 8:
- Serials are no longer matched to their parent Novels/Shorfiction lexically. They now use the regular Variant Title logic. This eliminates many cases of incorrect behavior, e.g. when Hubbard's "To the Stars" was appearing on Heinlein's and Harrison's pages.
- Split the "Title" search option into "Fiction Titles" and "All Titles".
What's New - 29 July 2009
- Highlights of patches r2009-07 through r2009-13 implemented between July 1 and July 28:
- Implemented Advanced Publication Searches by Publisher, Price and Page Count
- Implemented Advanced Title Searches by Reviewed Author
- Editors now see a "My Messages (new)" in the navigation bar when they have new messages in the ISFDB Wiki
What's New - 30 June 2009
- Patches r2009-04, r2009-05 and r2009-06 were installed on 20 June, 27 June, and 30 June respectively. Highlights include:
- Pseudonym Search fixed;
- Reviews where the reviewer or reviewee are using pseudonyms or non-canonical names are handled better;
- Submitting editors can see if their submissions are being held, and if so, by which moderator;
- Errors in Advanced Author search have been fixed;
- Additional verification sources, including OCLC/Worldcat and multiple primary verifications are now supported;
- Support for creating and editing "Chapterbook" (chapbook) titles has been restored and improved;
- Display of series pages has been improved.
What's New - 14 June 2009
- Development resumed as of May 2009. 4 developers are currently implementing minor changes while we are debating more far reaching proposals.
- Patches r2009-01, r2009-02 and r2009-03 installed on June 4, June7 and June 14 respectively. Highlights include:
- Empty Series eliminated; Short Fiction Series and Non-genre Series implemented
- ISBN linking to Amazon, B&N and other stores fixed
- Links to the sites hosting images that we have permission to link to added
- All bugs and feature requests have been moved to Sourceforge Ahasuerus 21:44, 14 June 2009 (UTC)