Hello, Zjanes, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! -- JLaTondre (talk) 09:12, 31 July 2021 (EDT)
Hello, I've had to reject your submission, as there are too many issues with it, alas. First of all, you should have cloned the existing tp record instead of adding a new record. On top of that, the following errors were made:
- duplicate submission --> note that you can cancel erroneous submissions yourself by going to My Pending Edits.
- Name of author should be Stanisław Lem, as that's what's printed on the cover (also on the title page - see Amazon LookInside)
- Author's initials are always followed by a period (C. Davidson)
- Translator to be added in the notes field of the title record
- Type is not novel but non-fiction
- No note added where price came from (since that's not always present on or in the book - which in this case I presume is where you got that info from?)
So, if you would re-submit by cloning the tp version taking the above into account, that would be appreciated.
Finally, since you own the book consider primary verifying it as that signifies that you have verified, and confirm, that the data is accurate per the book. And do read the information provided in the links in the Welcome message above. Regards, MagicUnk 16:13, 26 August 2021 (EDT)