Hello, Transformer, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! Annie 13:10, 21 July 2017 (EDT)
Pebble in the Sky
I approved your addition but I have a few questions:
- A later printing of Sphere apparently has the following text: "First Sphere Books edition 1969, reprinted 1972, 1974, 1978". You are reporting a 1971 printing. Can you look at the book and see if you can see any statement about reprints so we can try to sort out the printing history of Sphere with this title?
- I changed the image link - when you have something like https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51zbnsUS7vL._SX304_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg, the additional elements need to be cleaned so that it remains https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51zbnsUS7vL.jpg.