Le cycle des légendes
Hello, I've accepted your submission, but had to make the following changes:
- Publisher should have been Presses Pocket. That publisher was renamed to just 'Pocket' in 1993 - see here, but we still record all publications under the publisher's original name.
- Changed 13-digit ISBN to 10-digit ISBN for a pre-2005 publication
- Changed format from tp to pb - all Presses Pocket - Science Fiction publications are pb
- Added pub series and pub series ID - see the pub series, and here for the pub series ID
- Corrected an Author typo: Elleen Ledbetter --> Eileen
- Added note to indicate that publication date was coming from Goodreads (and I added that Amazon.FR had it as 1998-07-02)
- Also added WorldCat reference while I was at it.
I haven't added any title series info (as I didn't check very thoroughly), but I guess you could add these and other titles in the Chroniques de Ténébreuse series. Have a look here.
The only thing left to do for you is to variant the individual stories to their English original. Regards, MagicUnk 08:49, 7 October 2020 (EDT)
Oh and I've also added NooSFere reference and cover artist :). MagicUnk 09:03, 7 October 2020 (EDT)
- Ok, great! Thanks, MagicUnk! About Elleen Ledbetter --> Eileen - I corrected Author typo at fr.wikipedia after I send this submission on isfdb. --Florin 09:55, 7 October 2020 (EDT)
Just a gentle reminder again that every book which is not primary verified needs to have a note with its source. While we can figure it out and add based on the external IDs and links you added, this adds an additional step for any moderator working on your submission (which is partially why some of them stay in the queue for longer than necessary). Thanks! Annie 00:45, 8 October 2020 (EDT)
- And please use the Tr template when adding translators. Annie 00:52, 8 October 2020 (EDT)
Hello, Despite us being an international site, the working language is English and all the notes and non-title/author names should be in English. So when adding a birth place, please use the English name of the city/town, i.e. Bucharest and not București. Thanks! Annie 19:31, 11 October 2020 (EDT)
- Hi, Annie!
- București not Bucharest - confusion with Budapest is avoided :D Ok, next time is Bucharest. Please approve My Pending Edits 4794078, 4794079, 4794081, 4794082 and 4794083; I have to correct Pub Series Armada (Editura Nemira) to Young Adult, and for 4794081 Publication Web Page is .
- Thanks! --Florin 01:19, 12 October 2020 (EDT)
- I just approved a boatload of yours -- so these should give you something to work on. Annie 02:47, 12 October 2020 (EDT)
The Last Safe Place
I approved this one but it needed a lot of work (you do not add a lot of English publications and they do have their own specifics):
- We do not credit CreateSpace as a publisher even when Amazon does. We use the author name (or the actual publisher if Look Inside shows one)
- 8x5 inches paperback means "tp".
- $57.99 is an extremely high price unless we are talking about a very special edition. It is not a list price for sure so in such cases just add the currency symbol.
- The ISBN10/ASIN Amazon link does not go into the external sites.
- Add a date into the notes
- Don't forget to add the story to chapbooks or add a moderator note if you are going to be importing
When a series name is a common string as "Young Adult", please do not forget to add the name of the publisher to it, even if it seems to be the first one -- the only reason it is the first one is because every other series has the publisher name. Annie 04:55, 12 October 2020 (EDT)
- PS: on the question you deleted: if you click on the radio box for publisher as a source, the system will add "Data from the publisher site" automatically :) Annie 04:55, 12 October 2020 (EDT)
- Yes, is Young Adult (Editura Nemira). About "Data from the publisher site", I understood, that's why I deleted last message. --Florin 04:57, 12 October 2020 (EDT)
- Yup - I changed it :) One more thing on adding translators. The "and/or" when you are not sure which translator did what works for the stories themselves but on the collection/anthology level, it should be "and" only -- they all ARE the translators of the whole book :) Annie 05:43, 12 October 2020 (EDT)
- Ok, this is a copy-paste error. --Florin 05:50, 12 October 2020 (EDT)
Additionally, you should not create a new cover art record that then has to be merged afterwards. It is better to import the art record (if it pre-exists of course), one less edit required that way. Use 'Import Content' from the left-hand menu and use the second option. Thanks! MagicUnk 09:20, 26 October 2020 (EDT)
- Hi, MagicUnk, is a mistake or two at https://www.targulcartii.ro/, here ISBN for Limitele spiritului (2010) is 978-9731022659; and here ISBN for Atingerea umbrei (2010) is 978-9731022680. --Florin 01:32, 27 October 2020 (EDT)
- Accepted and corrected. Regards, MagicUnk 03:43, 27 October 2020 (EDT)
Just a reminder - when adding translators, please use the Tr template and not the full sentence. See how I fixed this one. We also do not need the original title in the notes unless it is cited differently to what the book is varianted to. Thanks! :) Annie 18:25, 26 August 2021 (EDT)
Rock me Adolf Adolf Adolf
Hi. I accepted your Rock me Adolf Adolf Adolf and decided to make a few changes. If you object to any of this, please alter it (or reply here that you disagree, and I can do the altering).
- I changed it from OMNIBUS to COLLECTION. As far as I am able to tell, "'Da Noiz" was not published separately. It is ok to have a novel-length story in a COLLECTION. We mostly want OMNIBUS for collections containing something previously published as a standalone book.
- I changed the year from 2008 to 2009. The various secondary sources (including the web page you provided and also Worldcat) all use 2009.
- I changed "'Da Noiz" from NOVEL to SHORTFICTION + NOVELLA. I found several sources describing it as either "mini-novel" or "novella", so I think NOVELLA is probably more likely the length.
- The ISBN-10 had a checksum error. It looked like you used the ISBN-13, but without the leading "978". Since the secondary sources all use an ISBN-13, I added the 978 instead of correcting the ISBN-10.
While I was doing all of that, I found it on Worldcat and did that verification, and I grabbed a copy of the cover image from Goodreads and added that. I hope it looks good. Please review. --MartyD 09:01, 5 September 2021 (EDT)
- For locations whose name is transcribed differently in different languages, use the English version, e.g. "The Hague" rather than "Den Haag", "La Haye" or "L'Aia"
so I have changed "București" to "Bucharest". Ahasuerus 17:42, 5 September 2021 (EDT)
I have your submission on hold as it has the same ISBN as the English edition. This seems weird for a Romanian book to have the same ISBN as the English original. Can you check? Thanks! MagicUnk 12:21, 6 September 2021 (EDT)
- See here: http://www.isfdb.org/wiki/index.php/User_talk:Anniemod#New_Weird_.28in_Romanian.29 --Florin 15:49, 6 September 2021 (EDT)
- Approved and ISBN deleted :) MagicUnk 16:05, 6 September 2021 (EDT)
- Thanks! --Florin 14:29, 8 September 2021 (EDT)
Variant vs. Merge
Hello! I hold your submissions, because you want to variant the titles. But if the the title's name and the name of the author are identical, we merge them. By opening the site of an author, you will find in the left bar the option Check for Duplicate Titles and there you can merge identical titles. Regards Rudolf Rudam 08:02, 11 September 2021 (EDT)
You submitted a mix between two different editions: the 2007 complete novel and the first volume of the 2001 2-volume set (the cover, cover artist and the year belonged to this one; the ISBN and the title belonged to the 2007 edition). Please be careful when there are multiple editions. In addition, the author name was incorrect for both (Гарри Тертлдав instead of Гарри Тартлдав). I cleaned it up and will add the other edition later. The result is here. Thanks! Annie 15:18, 16 March 2022 (EDT)
- Ok, Annie, many thanks for help. --Florin 03:41, 18 March 2022 (EDT)
When adding a cover image to a publication by adding the URL directly to an image on another site (a.k.a. "hotlinking"), please make sure the site is one of those listed here. If it is not on that list, we may not hotlink to the site. The site you linked to for Mai rău decât moartea is not on the approved list, so I had to reject the submission.
In those cases, you can download the image from the site (here's the link for the cover image in question) and then upload it here. You can find instructions on uploading here. Here's the condensed version:
- Download the image from the other site (here) and remember where you download the file to (often a Downloads folder, or your Desktop).
- Go to the publication page needing the image (in this case, here).
- Click on the Upload cover image link at the bottom of the general information about the publication.
- The Summary field should be prefilled with the correct template. Verify that the information is correct.
- Click the Browse button to open a dialog window that will let you select the cover image file to upload.
- Select the desired cover image file and click Open. This will close the dialog window.
- Once you are sure everything look correct, click Upload this file.
- Once the file has finished uploading, the page for the file should load. Click on the image to be taken to a page with only the image on it.
- Copy the URL (http:// address) from the top of your browser.
- Go back to the publication page and edit it (link)
- Paste the URL into the Image URL field and click the Submit Changed Data button at the bottom of the page.
At this point, a moderator will review the submission for approval. Please let me know if you have any questions or get stuck while you are trying to upload the image. Thanks! ···日本穣 · 投稿 · Talk to Nihonjoe 18:52, 16 June 2022 (EDT)
A few notes about this one:
- URLs which are specific to the edition go into Web Pages and not into the notes.
- Translators should be added in the title notes; they can also be in the Publication notes if you want.
Sources, sources, sources
When adding a book you are not PV-ing, please make sure you have a "Data from" statement even if you had added weblinks and external IDs. That helps figuring out what was added later and where the initial data came from. See how I added the note here. Thanks! Annie (talk) 19:11, 14 November 2022 (EST)