Hello, Riselka, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
The Hugo Winners: Volume 4
Hello. I have a question related to your submission here that would update the starting page number of the story Home Is the Hangman by Zelazny, from 1 to 5. Can you confirm that the pages following the first page of this first story are, indeed, consecutively numbered as 6,7,8,...?
Also, it is customary (and courteous) to notify any active primary verifier, in this case SFJuggler, on his/her talk page first, before any changes are submitted. This to confirm that both you and the primary verifier are in agreement of the proposed change - I have done that for you here. I will therefore keep your submission on hold for now.
The information provided in the links in the Welcome message above are a good starting point when editing the ISFDB. I'd like to encourage you to read through them. Finally, do note that you can reply to this message by simply clicking on edit at the right of this message's title (and indent by using one or more colons). Again Welcome, and I hope you like it here:-) Regards, MagicUnk 17:09, 28 April 2020 (EDT)
- I apologize for overlooking any steps I should have taken. In my first edition copy, the first story appears to start on page 5. While there is no page number on this particular page, the preceding two pages (containing the 2-page introduction by Asimov) are consecutively numbered as 3 and 4. Similarly, the pages following the title page of Home Is the Hangman are consecutively numbered as 6, 7, 8,... I've also this information with SFJuggler. Thanks! Riselka 11:45, 30 April 2020 (EDT)
- This is perfectly clear! Since you own a copy, consider primary verifying the publication - this indicates that you have reviewed the data, and confirms that it is accurate as per your copy. Verifying can be done from the left-hand menu when you have the publication record displayed. I have accepted your submission.
- And no need to apologize. We all once have been where you are now :) We are here to help you with anything that might not be clear. Do not hesitate to ask over at the help desk, or any moderator's talk page. Again, welcome! MagicUnk 13:10, 30 April 2020 (EDT)
- I've gone ahead and made a primary (transient) verification. Riselka 14:37, 30 April 2020 (EDT)
- Thanks! So, you've borrowed the book perhaps? Transient meaning, you will not have it permanently. Just asking to be sure :) MagicUnk 14:41, 30 April 2020 (EDT)
- Yes, it's a library book. Thanks for checking :) Riselka 15:24, 30 April 2020 (EDT)
Very often the publisher pages will show either only ISBN13 or both values regardless of when the book was published. However, for a 2003 book, ISBN13 could not have been assigned and printed on the book - the concept did not exist yet. So when correcting ISBN formats in the DB, keep that in mind please. I reverted the change here and added a note on the dates of the sources. Thanks for sorting out the date! Annie (talk) 13:28, 16 September 2022 (EDT)
- Sorry, about that. I should have verified the ISBN-10 to ISBN-13 conversion before adding it to the edit. Thanks for catching this! --Riselka (talk) 15:48, 16 September 2022 (EDT)
Is this speculative? Neither OCLC, nor Goodreads show any subject/label as anywhere near speculative and I cannot find anything online pointing to it (but I don't read Hebrew). Thanks! Annie (talk) 13:31, 16 September 2022 (EDT)
- This is the original Hebrew work that 2665327 is an English translation of. My edit should have included this as a note to moderator, apologies for the confusion. I'll make sure to do this in the future. --Riselka (talk) 15:56, 16 September 2022 (EDT)