Hello, Rialrees, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Field-by-field guide to entering new publications into the database
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! -- JLaTondre (talk) 08:56, 16 July 2022 (EDT)
I accepted your addition of Annus Horribilis, but had to make the following changes:
- Title: We normal title case. See Case under Template:PublicationFields:Title.
- Author: For an anthology author, only the editor is entered. The software will display this as Editor when the publication is viewed.
- Format: This was entered as ebook, but the ISBN was for the print edition. We also do not enter page numbers for ebooks. So I converted this one to the print edition and cloned a separate record for the ebook.
- ISBN: When the pub has an ISBN13 (pretty much everything after 2007), the full 13 digits should be entered.
- Initials: When an author's name has a period, we put a space after the period.
- Date: When the book lists a specific date (in this case "First edition: May 2012"), we use that date even if technically available earlier.
We appreciate your submission & hope you will continue to contribute. ISFDB has some conventions that need learning so please check out the help links in the welcome message above. And let us know if you have any questions (ISFDB:Help desk is a good resource for asking). -- JLaTondre (talk) 08:56, 16 July 2022 (EDT)