Hello, Reanimus, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- Help:Getting Started
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- ISFDB FAQ
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
- Wiki Conventions - How things are usually done on this wiki.
- Help:How to upload images to the ISFDB wiki
Note: Image uploading isn't entirely automated. You're uploading the files to the wiki which will then have to be linked to the database by editing the publication record.
Please be careful in editing publications that have been primary verified by other editors. See Help:How to verify data#Making changes to verified pubs. But if you have a copy of an unverified publication, verifying it can be quite helpful. See Help:How to verify data for detailed information.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
Bug Jack Barron
I accepted the submission adding this new publication, but made some changes to conform to ISFDB standards (see the Help links in the Welcome section above). I added the currency sign for the price ($), changed the date to match the Amazon listing (2011-05-13), changed the link to the image on Amazon (we don't have permission to deep link to the server your original submission linked to), and added the ASIN to the note field (optional for ebooks without ISBNs). If you have the publication, we ask (not require) that you do a primary verification of the record. If you don't have the book, you should record the source of your data in the record's note field. If you have any questions please respond here on your talk page. Click on the  link, add your message to the box that opens (start with a colon [:] so that it indents your message from mine), and add four tildes ~~~~ at the end that will automatically sign and date the message. Thanks. Mhhutchins 04:04, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
I'm holding another submission that has the same problems as your previous submission. Hopefully, eventually, you'll find this talk page. I'll hold the submission and hope it may lead you to inquire about its status. Mhhutchins 20:19, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Here's the record for the book. Please click on "Edit this Pub" to make the necessary changes to the pub as described above. Thanks. Mhhutchins 20:43, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
Okay, got the note that this page exists :) and I'll endeavor to fix up the entries as noted.
One newbie question... I'm an authorized entity for ReAnimus Press (I'm Andrew Burt - the founder). How do I go about adding e.g. the web site URL to the page about ReAnimus Press that appears if one clicks on the publisher link?
Also, just added an entry for Norman Spinrad's THE LAST HURRAH OF THE GOLDEN HORDE. It's a short story collection. I left the page#s for the individual stories as-is, since it appears to sort by those. But of course there are no actual page#s in an ebook.... Recommendations on that? Reanimus 20:30, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Once I've accepted the submission, you should update the pub: change the date field, if known, to the month, day and year of publication (using the format YYYY-MM-DD), remove the link to the Reanimus website for the image (we don't have permission, and it's better for us to link to the Amazon image if they have one), add the currency sign to the price field, remove the page numbers from the contents. Also add the ISBN, if there is one. There are links in the Welcome section above to the help pages for entering and updating records. Thanks for contributing. Mhhutchins 20:42, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- About updating the publisher data go to the publisher page for ReAnimus Press, click on "Edit This Publisher" under the tools menu. You can add a link to the Wikipedia entry (if there is one), add a link to the publisher's website, and add any necessary information (history of the press, etc) in the note field. Mhhutchins 20:48, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
Three for Tomorrow
I had to reject this submission. As this publication did not credit the editor, uncredited is correct. If you look at the publication record, you will see "Anthology Title: Three for Tomorrow • anthology by Robert Silverberg [as by uncredited]". This record has been varianted to Robert Silverberg and the title line shows the proper attribution. This is how ISFDB handles uncredited works that have been identified to an actual person via later sources. Thanks. -- JLaTondre (talk) 16:05, 16 July 2022 (EDT)