Hello, Patrisha, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- Help pages
- What the ISFDB Wiki is for
- ISFDB FAQ
- Help:Screen:EditPub#General contents - Warning and a note on how to update a publication's contents
- Wiki editing help - Tips on how to use the wiki-specific features when editing wiki pages.
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will insert your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! 19:47, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
Books, Birthrights and Beginnings
I see you have submitted an entry for "The Mullery Sagas, volume one; Books, Birthrights and Beginnings". WE normally do not include series indicators as part of the title, except in a very few cases where the series name is an unavoidable part of the title. I also note that there seems to be some problem with the HTML in the image URL.
I have found an amazon.com entry for this book, It notes Lulu as the publisher, i assume this means that it was actually self-published using Lulu as the printer.
I am going to approve this edit, but change the title to Books, Birthrights and Beginnings with an appropriate series entry.
I presume that you are the author, from your user name. Do you have an author photo online that you would be willing for the ISFDB to link to, or one that you would be willing to upload to the ISFDB? Note that an uploaded photo of your own should be released under a creative commons license, which would mean that anyone could reuse it for any purpose free of charge.
The Mullery Sagas
I've approved your new book but made some minor changes
- Pub format - you had "paperback" - we use the code pb for these.
- ISBN - You had 978-0-9559773-0-5 - we are still using the old 10-digit ISBNs and so I converted this into ISBN 0-9559773-0-4.
- Price - you had 10.95, we use the currency symbol in front, $10.95, which we use as we also support books from Canada, England, etc.
- I removed the note "A beautifully crafted epic fantasy adventure from an accomplished author new to this genre." - The note field is intended for additional description of things stated in the publication, such as printing numbers or other details to help distinguish various printings of a publication.
Unfortunately - the URL for the cover image did not work. I looked at http://www.mullerysagas.com/ but did not see anything that looks like the "official" cover image. 20:01, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- I used an amazon URL for the cover. It works, and is not one of the ZZZZZ urls amazon is ao apt to change when a newer edition comes out. -DES Talk 20:07, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- I made a few additional changes, see the section above. Again, welcome. -DES Talk 20:24, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- You might want to look at Help:Getting Started, and at Help:Screen:EditPub if you are going to enter any other books into the ISFDB, as we hope you will. -DES Talk 20:26, 13 August 2008 (UTC)