Hello, Goclark, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! Ahasuerus 15:12, 5 Jan 2007 (CST)
Goclark, I saw your two submissions for stories in web-zines. I'm sorry but at present ISFDB is not indexing web-zines and other non-durable stories. Please see item 12 at the bottom of ISFDB:Policy#Rules_of_Acquisition. --16:27, 9 Jan 2007 (CST)Marc Kupper
I have held this submisison for the moment. Your note says that "Sam's Dot now doing it". Does this mean that the book has not yet been published? If so, do you have a more precise publication date than "2008"? This would allow the book to be properly listed as "Forthcoming" until it has actually been published. Also, the book is listed as a collection, but no contents are listed. Do you know what the contents will be? If so, we would like to include them. Also you stated that this was 50 pages long. Is that correct? That is quite short for a collection. Will the book have an ISBN? Do you know what it is/will be? -DES Talk 17:04, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
- I approved and then edited this submission. It appears Sam's Dot is currently taking orders but will publish the book in February. DES, it's a poetry collection which is why it's 50 pages. --Marc Kupper|talk 02:15, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
I approved your submission of Strange Vegetables. Thank you. A few minor points:
- We enter prices with a currency symbol, so I have converted "7.95" to "$7.95".
- our code for mass-market paperbacks is "pb", so i have changed "paperback". If this is in fact a "trade" paperback, with size larger than 18 cm, it should be recorded with the code "tp".
- I have added a contents item fro the interior art mentioned in your notes.
- We do record entries for individual poems, if you care to add them. The content type POEM is used for such items.
- I have added an OCLC record number and an amazon.com cover image URL.
Please check the result and see if I have made any errors in the record. If it is correct, you might want to complete and verify the record. Thank you for your contribution. -DES Talk 18:16, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- As per OCLC 430522614, the book size is "22 cm" and mass market paperbacks are "18 cm", so I have converted it to a trade paperback. Ahasuerus 19:16, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
Shroud of Night
Your submission adding this new pub was accepted but some changes were made to conform to ISFDB standards:
- "trade paperback" was changed to "tp"
- "Jason Whitley - cover illustrator" was changed to "Jason Whitley", the role is understood because of the field name. Otherwise there would be a separate record for an artist named "Jason Whitley - cover illustrator"
- The link to the cover image on the Dark Regions website was blocked. Some websites will not allow deep-linking. Even if they did we need explicit permission in order to link to images on their server. Please consider loading the image to our Wiki pages and link it to the pub record. (Use the "Upload Cover Scan" link on the pub record.)
Please consider adding the contents if you get the chance. Also, if you are entering the data from a copy of the book itself, please do a primary verification of the record. If not, you should add your source for the data in the record's note field. Thanks for contributing. Mhhutchins 17:41, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
Tales of the Talisman
I have the submission to add an issue of this magazine, but it lacks some vital information that will make it easier to access in the database. Because different issues of a magazine have the same title, we ask that you give the issue date or number in the title field as well, for example "Tales of the Talisman, January 2011", or "Tales of the Talisman, #7 2011". This helps users to search for the specific issue. I assume you're working from an actual copy of the magazine, which means you also have further information about it that you failed to note in the submission. We need to know the publisher's name (according to a google search of the name it appears to be Hadrosaur Productions.), the number of pages (including the covers for magazines), the publication format, the price and the cover artist. If none of these are present in the magazine then you can leave them blank. I also note that you only entered one content record, a story by one "G. O. Clark". We very much encourage authors to add their own credits to the database, but being in a position to give a more complete record of the magazine, we ask that you do as much as you can to include that data in the record. Of course, none of this is mandatory (except for the issue name and number). If you are not working from a copy of the magazine, we ask that you enter the source of your data in the record's note field. I'm going to accept the submission, hoping that you get a chance to update the record. Thanks for contributing. Mhhutchins 18:53, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
- Here is a link to the record of the issue you created. As a guideline, here is a previous issue of the title. Mhhutchins 18:56, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
I'm assuming you purposely made three identical submissions to update this author's data. There may be some delay of several minutes up to several days before a moderator can handle your submission, so please wait. It doesn't speed things up by making identical submissions. Thanks. Mhhutchins 23:42, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
The submission adding this record was accepted, but these changes were made:
- Binding format was changed to "tp" (the ISFDB standard abbreviation for trade paperback)
- "None" was removed from the catalog number field, which remains blank if no catalog number is present.
When you get a chance please add the contents to the record. Thanks. Mhhutchins 17:22, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
Scenes Along the Zombie Highway
As noted above in a previous item we use the abbreviation pb: paperback isn't identified by the software.
I had to delete the artist. First, please don't add any commentaries - the software automatically generates a new artist assuming the commentary is a new name. Thus 'Marge Simon (interior illustrations)' would be the name in this case, which isn't meaningful. In addition, this field is reserved for the cover artist, not the interior artist(s). Please add interior art to the contents; also, the text contents should be added.
Again, as noted above, please do add the currency symbol in future submissions. Thanks, Stonecreek 07:47, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
Please notice that I also deleted the note, which may instead be added to the title. The notes of a publication are reserved for additional bibliographical statements as in this publication, for example. Stonecreek 07:53, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
Twists & Turns
I approved your addition of Twists & Turns, but had to make a couple of changes:
- ISBN: If a publication does not have an ISBN, the field should be left blank. I deleted the 'none'.
- Cover Image: We can only use images for sites that have given us explicit permission (see ISFDB:Image linking permissions). I deleted the link.
Built To Serve: Robot Poems
Hello, I've approved your submission but deleted ISBN which was set to "none" (see the message above). Instead of giving a webpage in the notes for the second time (you already gave it at title level), it would be more interesting that you add the contents of this collection. Thanks. Hauck 09:46, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
Twists & Turns
Hi, I added the story contents to your collection Twists & Turns -- could you check that it's all correct? Thanks! (Also, do you happen to know what month the print edition was published?) --Vasha 15:44, 13 February 2017 (UTC)
How I Kind Of Helped Save the Universe and Beyond
Hello, I've rejected your submission as it is, in its present state, unsalvageable (it's a cross between a magazine and a short story record). Please have a look at the Help Pages (see on top of this page) and at an already entered issue like this one for example before submitting again. If you have questions, just ask here. Thanks. Hauck 14:03, 6 September 2017 (EDT)
Aliens & Others
I added the price, the date and a note on sources to this one and fixed the cover link - we want a link to the image itself, not to the product page :) Let me know if you have any questions and/or concerns. Annie 19:13, 20 September 2021 (EDT)