This editor is no longer actively participating and is unlikely to respond to messages left here.
If this user is the sole verifier of a publication record, please:
Otherwise, please post notices and inquiries only on the talk pages of the other primary verifiers.
Hello, A.kesrith, and welcome to the ISFDB Wiki! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
I hope you enjoy editing here! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you need help, check out the community portal, or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! Mike Christie (talk) 08:46, 1 Jan 2007 (CST)
Front cover images
HI -- I just fixed the cover image for "Orbiter" which you'd placed in the cover artist field. It goes in the "Image URL" field, and it does need the full URL - see this edit screen to see what it looks like. Thanks -- Mike Christie (talk) 06:18, 27 Jan 2007 (CST)
FYI - please put the cover image URL in the Image URL field and not Artist1. Thank you!03:11, 15 Feb 2007 (CST)
Arrows of the Queen
I see that you submitted an update for Arrows of the Queen and assume you have a copy. Could you please take another look at the book as I have some questions about additional data I've been collecting for the ISFDB:DAW list.
- Is the code UE2189 stated on the cover or spine?
- Assuming the book is upright, as though on a shelf, and you are looking at the spine do you see.
- Just the ISBN and a three-digit price without the decimal point in one vertical (sideways) line.
- The price US/Can horizontally and under that the ISBN vertical.
- The price US/Can horizontally and under that the ISBN horizontally though broken up in two or three lines.
- Just the price (US/Can) in a white box.
- Neither the price nor ISBN are on the spine. Usually this is the case only for hardcover and trade paperback editions.
- Is the genre (SF or Fantasy) stated? With newer paperback it’s on the spine as part of the DAW logo which will have "Science Fiction / DAW" or "Fantasy / DAW" logo?
- On the copyright page – is the cover artist credited as “Jody Lee” or “Jody A. Lee”?
- At the bottom of the copyright page does the number line have “1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9” or something else?
- Just below the number line – is it printed in U.S.A. or Canada?
- Finally – is the last page for the story page 320?
Thank you!13:36, 15 Feb 2007 (CST)
- Marc, unfortunately I haven't got a copy of this book. I have used the "Look Inside" in Amazon.
There are some scanned pages of 18th printing. The cover art is credited to Jody Lee (I assumed that the same name variant was in a 1st printing).
- BTW, I have got the DAW Books Catalog for 1996 with a monthly schedule. Could these data (especially
reprints) be put into database or the ISFDB:DAW list? I cannot verify that these editions really happened.
- A.kesrith 04:53, 16 Feb 2007 (CST)
- That's fine I'll mark the book as "Look Inside verified" which I have already been using for those books where Look Inside included the title and copyright pages (not all of them do this). The biggest thing we don't get with Look Inside is the page count - DAW tends to be *way* off, sometimes by hundreds of pages, when they report the page count in catalogues/amazon. I sure wish Look Inside also included the last page of the story but that would be a bit of a spoiler for many people.
- How pany pages long is the DAW Catalog? It may be simpler for you to scan the thing and e-mail that to me because I've been maintaining the DAW list in a spreadsheet and export that to the wiki from time to time. Or I could e-mail the spreadsheet to you and I have a thing that I use to merge updated spreadsheets into my copy. What I'd mainly be interested in would be the current at the time list prices as that's the main area where there are gaps in the current list. I don't care that much if an edition never happened as it'll show up as unverified. 02:10, 18 Feb 2007 (CST)
- I'm confused - I just looked at the spreadsheet and I already had the 18th printing in there as a "Look Inside" but that's at $6.99. The record you updated was for the 1st printing at $2.95. Unfortunately, something must have gotten updated in the database as I get errors trying to pull up the edit detail and so don't know what you changed. Did you add the artist name? 02:54, 18 Feb 2007 (CST)
Lady Blade, Lord Figher-added notation
Into the Alternate Universe and Contraband from Otherspace- added notation
The Granite Shield
I accepted the submission updating this pub, but saw that the link to the cover image still retained the border. If you remove "._SS500_" from the link's URL (be sure to keep the dot before "jpg"), the border will be removed. Thanks. MHHutchins 22:26, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
Just to let you know that I have accepted your changes to the second printing of Lunar Descent, but then changed the date from 1991-10-02 back to 0000-00-00. Putting the printing number in the date sub-field was an experiment that we abandoned a while back. Thanks and good to see you contributing again! :) Ahasuerus
A Gathering of Stones - added cover/notation
Stone that Never Came Down
Into the Alternate Universe and Contraband from Otherspace
Replaced amazon scan for your verified Into the Alternate Universe and Contraband from Otherspace. Hauck 16:56, 14 September 2011 (UTC)