(Redirected from Template:PublicationFields:Artist)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Title - Title of the COVERART record. Note that this field is not displayed when entering new publications or editing/cloning publications without COVERART records. If this field is displayed, its value should be the title of the publication.
- Date - Date of the COVERART record. Note that this field is not displayed when entering new publications or editing/cloning publications without COVERART records. If this field is displayed, its value should be the date of the first known appearance of the COVERART title.
- Artist - Cover artist responsible for the cover art. If not known, leave blank. If the artist is not credited, but a signature is visible on the artwork, the signature can be used to determine the author's name. When using a signature to determine the artist, clarify in the Notes where you found the information. If there is both a signature and a printed credit, follow the printed credit. If you believe that you recognize the artist's style but can see no actual attribution, make a note in the Notes field but don't enter the artist's name. If the only source of artist information is a secondary bibliographic source, enter the artist's name and also add a comment in the Notes field explaining the source of the attribution. If there is no cover art, leave the field blank, but consider adding a comment in the notes field to that effect so that it's clear to other editors that the artist field has not been simply ignored. Note that entering this information will actually create a "COVERART" content record, behind the scenes, with the same title as the title of the publication. The cover designer (as opposed to the cover artist) is only entered in this field if he or she also did (parts of) the cover art. Otherwise the cover designer can be recorded in the note field.
- Add Artist - If the cover art is credited to more than one artist, use this button to create a second artist field. As many artists as you wish can be added.
- Add Cover - If there is more than one COVERART record associated with this publication, use this button to create an additional record. This typically happens when dealing with "dos-a-dos" books.