This image is in the public domain in the United States. In most cases, this means that it was first published prior to January 1, 1927, (see the template documentation for more cases). Other jurisdictions may have other rules, and this image might not be in the public domain outside the United States.
This image is in the public domain because: No Reason Supplied.
Documentation for Template:PD-US (Transcluded from Template:PD-US/doc)
This template is used when the image is in the public domain under United States Copyright law, but the image does not fit any of the more specific license tags. This template takes one parameter: Reason, which should give the specific reason why the image is in the public domain.
If one of the following tags applies, it should be used instead of this template:
- Cover Image Data-PD Old -- The image is a book or magazine cover, published in the US before 1927, or anywhere before 1909.
- Template:Cover Image Data-PD Renew -- The image is a book or magazine cover, published in the US before 1964, and copyright records have been checked to verify that the copyright was not renewed.
- PD-self -- The author/creator posted the image her personally, releasing it into the public domain.
- PD-author -- The author/creator is known to have released the image into the public domain, in a statement that can be linked to or cited .
The following are the conditions under which an image might be in the public domain under US Law. At least one of these must apply for this template to be used:
- Works published in the U.S. before 1927.
- Works first published in 2003 or later by authors who died before 1937.
- Works published in the U.S. between 1925 and 1977 without a copyright notice.
- Works published in the U.S. between between 1978 and March 1, 1989, without a copyright notice, for which a copyright was not later registered.
- Works published in the U.S. between 1925 and 1963 with a copyright notice but without later copyright renewal. The copyright records must be carefully checked to establish that there was no renewal.
- Works published outside the U.S. before 1927, except possibly in the 9th Circuit, then before July 1, 1909.
- Works published outside the U.S. between 1927 and 1977 which were in the public domain in their home countries on January 1, 1996.
For a complete list of all cases where an image is in the public domain in the United States, see this site
See the example page.
This template puts any pages it is used on into Category:Public Domain images and Category:Free images.