Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page is the wiki-page for the publisher or imprint Orbit. This page may be used for extended notes about the publisher, including alternate names, changes of ownership, associated imprints, locations, etc. The link above leads to the ISFDB publisher record for Orbit. To discuss what should go on this page, use the talk page.
For more on this and other header templates, see Header templates.
- 1974: Orbit Books was founded in 1974 as part of the MacDonald Futura publishing company.
- 1992: In 1992, the parent company was bought by Little, Brown and Co, at that time part of the Time Warner Book Group.
- 1997: Orbit acquired the Legend imprint from Random House in 1997.
- 2006: In 2006, Little, Brown and Co was sold by Time Warner to the French publishing group Hachette Livre.
History from copyright pages
2005 July: Orbit An imprint of Time Warner Book Group UK Source: The Algebraist
Wikipedia entry and Orbit Books now
Common ISBN Ranges:
- 070888 1978-1992
- 070881 1989
- 070883 1987-1988
- 070884 1989-1991
- 070885 1992
- 086007 1974-1992
- 072214 1991
- 072219 1990
- 074740 1990-1991
- 184149 2000-2006
- 185723 1992-2004
- 1993: 165 Great Dover Street, London SE1 4YA Source: Young Bleys
- 2000: Brettenham House, Lancaster Place, London WC2E 7EN Source: Foundation's Triumph
- 2005 July: Brettenham House, Lancaster Place, London WC2E 7EN Source: The Algebraist