|This page is the wiki-page for the publisher or imprint Brilliance Audio. This page may be used for extended notes about the publisher, including alternate names, changes of ownership, associated imprints, locations, etc. The link above leads to the ISFDB publisher record for Brilliance Audio. To discuss what should go on this page, use the talk page.
For more on this and other header templates, see Header templates.
Founded by R. Michael Snodgrass in 1984. Produced audiobooks on cassette at first, but nowadays tends to produce CDs and MP3 CDs and downloadable audio e-books.
It's perfectly possible that we'll need to record Library editions and Normal editions of cassette, CD, and MP3 CD versions of a title, instantly outnumbering the physical paper editions produced. Especially as they often produce Unabridged versions as well as cheaper Abridged versions.
They also had a "Bookcassette®" format where the left and right stereo channels were used to record different tracks - twice as much content on each side of the tape. As this requires a cassette-player with complete balance control, it's worth highlighting those as different from other audio-cassette formats, e.g. here. Fortunately for us they don't use that anymore.
They do use several imprints, many of which I've combined under the "Brilliance Audio" tag as our (Amazon-sourced?) data rarely matched what Brilliance intended. The Brilliance intentions seem to be:
- Brilliance Audio Unabridged® - Unabridged, standard play cassettes
- Brilliance Audio® - Abridged, standard play cassettes. Replaces "Nova Audio Books®".
- Brilliance Audio® Paperback Audiobooks - Abridged, standard play cassettes. Timed to match paperback releases. Replaces "Paperback Nova Audio Books®".
- Brilliance Audio MP3 CD®
- Brilliance Audio on Compact Disc Unabridged®
- Brilliance Audio on Compact Disc® - Abridged recordings.
- Brilliance Audio Value Priced Compact Disc® - MOSTLY Abridged recordings.
- Bookcassette® - for older cassette releases only.