|This page is a help or manual page for the ISFDB database. It describes standards or methods for entering or maintaining data in the ISFDB database, or otherwise working with the database. Other help pages may be found via the category below. To discuss what should go on this page, use the talk page.
If, after exploring the Help system, you still have a question, please visit the Help desk and let us know. We probably know the answer, but we need your help to know what we left out of the help pages.
If you are new to editing the ISFDB, please see Help:Getting Started.
For more on this and other header templates, see Header templates.
When displaying an author's bibliography, one of the options at the top of the Web page is "Summary", which leads to a summary view of the author's works. The first section of the page shows speculative fiction works by the displayed author. If the author is also responsible for non-genre titles, they are displayed in the second section. Within each section the sequence of display is:
- Fiction series (i.e. series which include at least one book length work)
- Magazine series edited by the author
- Magazines edited by the author
- Anthology series edited by the author
- Anthologies edited by the author
- Nonfiction series
- Cover art
- Interior art
- Short fiction series
- Short fiction
- Poem series
- Essay series
- Interviews conducted by the displayed author
- Interviews conducted with the displayed author (this section does not display variant titles)
Within each section, the titles are displayed in chronological order.
The "Summary" bibliography is the default bibliographic display when you click on an author's name.