Feature:90077 ISBN Hyphenation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
ISBN Hyphenation DONE Support needs to be added such that isbns continue to be stored without hyphens, but are displayed with hyphens within the bibliographic, editing, and search tools.
The way it works at present:
- isbns are still stored as non-hyphenated strings.
- When displayed, hyphens are inserted according to the ISBN standard.
- When searching, hyphenated strings are dehyphenated and validated. If the search string validates, the search is performed unhyphenated, otherwise the hyphenated form is used.
- Only ISBN Groups 0 through 5 have the conversion heuristics.
- ISBN-13 updates might work.
- Tor paperbacks are special cased, as they ignore the rules for 0-812 isbns.