Bio:R. E. Jackson
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This is an ISFDB biography page for R. E. Jackson. It is intended to contain a relatively brief, neutrally-written, biographical sketch of R. E. Jackson. Bibliographic comments and notes about the work of R. E. Jackson should be placed on Author:R. E. Jackson.
Please observe our policy and guidelines on biographies when editing this page.
For more on this and other header templates, see Header templates.
Rosemary Elizabeth (R. E.) Jackson, born 1917, evidently active as a writer 1960s to 1970s
Encyclopedia of Fantasy (1997) conflates this writer and Rosemary (Rosie) Jackson(entry by John Clute) [CORRECTED prior to 2017-11-28]
- Result of that 2017 correction: Encyclopedia of Fantasy (online, corrected) contains a biographical entry for Rosemary (Rosie) Jackson --known here as a writer of nonfiction about fantasy literature-- and no entry for R. E. Jackson --known here as a writer of children's novels, including some fantasy fiction. --Pwendt|talk 15:21, 19 February 2020 (EST)
- Compare Rosemary Jackson
From Google Books (books.google.com): The Writers Directory 1980-1982 (The Macmillan Press Ltd, 1979), p. 630:
- "JACKSON, Rosemary Elizabeth. (Rosemary Elizabeth Innes). British, b. 1917. Writer of children's fiction. Art teacher, 1951-58.
- [list of 6 books, same as WorldCat titles and first years]
- "Add: Learney, Torphins, Aberdeenshire AB3 4NB, Scotland.
British National Bibliography credits "Rosemary Elizabeth Jackson", no year of birth, with five children's novels and no other works. Those are five of the six works WorldCat attributes to her (three children's novels in the database, three non-genre).
- British National Bibliography: Jackson, Rosemary Elizabeth
- WorldCat: Jackson, Rosemary Elizabeth
- Library of Congress: R. E. Jackson is not identified by the Library of Congress as of 2016-10-27 (there is no LCCN for her, no page for her at LC Authorities). But see the other Rosemary Jackson LCCN n83-064403; "browse this term" in LC Online Catalog ... this yields 1 record of her works
- Library of Congress
Jackson, Rosemary (4) = (underscore) = Rosemary Jackson Jackson, Rosemary Elizabeth (1) = R. E. Jackson Jackson, Rosemary F. (2) -- ?
Jackson, Rosemary H. (1)--neither ISFDB author Jackson, Rosemary (Rosemary E.) (1)--neither ISFDB author Jackson, Rosie (3) Jackson, Rosie (Rosemary) (0) See: Jackson, Rosemary
- http://worldcat.org/identities/np-jackson,%20rosemary%20elizabeth/ --three novels by R. E. Jackson, recognized as Rosemary Elizabeth
- http://worldcat.org/identities/lccn-n81120863/ --as "Jackson, R. E. (Richard E.)", including other novels by R. E. Jackson
- http://worldcat.org/identities/lccn-n83-064403 --many works, mainly nonfiction, *should be* all by Rosemary Jackson
- http://worldcat.org/identities/np-jackson,%20rosemary/ --many works, presumably by our Rosemary Jackson and others who share those two names
Works by this R. E. Jackson; reported by WorldCat (identity maybe unknown); not in the database, as apparent non-genre
- 1969, Aunt Eleanor http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/560615078 --novel, illus Peter Warner
- 1970, The Ashwood Train http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/30280139 --illus Robert Geary, 56-page picture book(?)
- 1971, The Streets of Mars http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/16211214 --novel, illus Peter Warner; ISBN 0701103620
- --non-genre; "Mars" does not mean the planet, but war (ascertained by User:Chavey)